Uninstall Data Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Christina Lim
Participant

Uninstall Data Stage

Post by Christina Lim »

Hallo all,

I looked from the install and upgrade pdf but wasn't able to find ways to uninstall datastage on a unix platform. Can anyone brief me the ways to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
chinek
Participant

Re: Uninstall Data Stage

Post by chinek »

Christina Lim wrote:Hallo all,

I looked from the install and upgrade pdf but wasn't able to find ways to uninstall datastage on a unix platform. Can anyone brief me the ways to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
I don't think there is an uninstall package so any uninstalling will have to be manual. You need to stop the server process and then remove the DS Home directory. Also any entries in your /etc/services or any other startup scripts should be disabled or removed.

If it were me, I wouldn't even bother uninstalling, just stop the server process and leave the files intact. Just takes up some disk space...

Nick
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Uninstall is a manual process. Fortunately there's not much to it, provided your system has been well-managed.

1. If you have hashed files in other directories, delete them. Use UNIX command (rm -rf); it's OK.

2. Delete each project directory. Again, use rm -rf; you can obtain a list of project directory pathnames from the UV.ACCOUNT table in the UV account.

Code: Select all

cd $DSHOME && . ./dsenv && bin/dssh "SELECT NAME,PATH FROM UV.ACCOUNT;" 
3. Delete the UV account directory.

4. Delete any DataStage-related hidden files, such as .dshome, in the root directory.

DataStage is now uninstalled. You might like to use find to scan through other directories to find anything created by a DataStage user, though leaving these (mainly text files) in place will not violate your DataStage licensing agreement.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In addition to what Ray has detailed, don't forget to modify your startup and shutdown script(s) if they have been modified to start and/or stop the DataStage server engine.
Christina Lim
Participant

Post by Christina Lim »

Thanx for all the responses.
I appreciate it a lot. Will try it.
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

OR you could use the uninstall script "uninstll.sh" found in your install media ;)