DRS Plugin Not Responding

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

itcconsulting
Premium Member
Premium Member

DRS Plugin Not Responding

Post by itcconsulting »

Within the designer, I am able to open all of the available plugins except the DRS plugin. When I attempt to open it the application freezes. This is the first occurance of this and I have been using the application on the same machine for 6-8 months. I have rebooted several times and I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the client applications. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions
Byron
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello itconsulting,

my first question is to ask whether or not you have DRS installed - I know a program should never hang but at least it would go a bit towards explaining your problem.

Does the Designer actually hang (meaning "not responding" status in windows) or does it just not return anything.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Did you try in a different client PC?
itcconsulting
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by itcconsulting »

In the task manager, it is in the "Running" status, but when l click on the work area I get no response.

I have tried it on several other PCs and it works fine.
Byron
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

In that case, you need to verify whether your PC has been upgraded with any other software that may impact DRS. Is your PC a Win XP 2?
itcconsulting
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by itcconsulting »

It is XP SP2. This is very odd because I can open and interact with all other DataBase stage types (Oracle, Redbrick, Informix, DB2...). However when I open the DRS, the designer freezes.
Byron
alexysflores
Participant

Re: DRS Plugin Not Responding

Post by alexysflores »

[quote="itcconsulting"]Within the designer, I am able to open all of the available plugins except the DRS plugin. When I attempt to open it the application freezes. This is the first occurance of this and I have been using the application on the same machine for 6-8 months. I have rebooted several times and I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the client applications. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions[/quote]

Try getting the latest patch for DRS from Ascential, but some minor bugs are still there like TimeStamp issues.
nelehchk
Participant

Post by nelehchk »

[quote="itcconsulting"]It is XP SP2. This is very odd because I can open and interact with all other DataBase stage types (Oracle, Redbrick, Informix, DB2...). However when I open the DRS, the designer freezes.[/quote]

Where is the patch for this?