any study material except manuals

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

irajasekharhexa
Premium Member
Premium Member

any study material except manuals

Post by irajasekharhexa »

Hi all,

I am new to Datastage, is there any study material which helps to develope the jobs in the way of step by step procedure/ some what descriptvely.

Thanks in advance.
Rajasekhar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome aboard. :)

Unfortunately, the answer is 'no' - nothing other than the pdf manuals that install with the Client software on your local pc. Well, other than the official Tutorial with accompanying documentation which (if I remember correctly) ships on a seperate cdrom.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you enrol in the training classes - some of which can be delivered electronically - you get proper training manuals, with worked examples.
I personally believe that instructor led training is preferable for DataStage, since you can get immediate feedback if you begin to do anything that won't work, and an experienced diagnostician (at least for the class exercises) if you get farther than that.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.