sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

diamondabhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

sequencer

Post by diamondabhi »

Hi All,
I am using DS 7.1 server sequencer to run around 20 jobs and checked the option checkpointed run. so when say job 15 aborts i go and make necessary changes to the job and compile it and restart the sequencer from the director but its getting aborted, but if i dont make any changes its doing a checkpointed run otherwise not. i want to rerun from job 15 and not from the start. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Abhi.
ram1899
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: sequencer

Post by ram1899 »

Abhi

Check point work this as you told if 15th Job failed and if you have changed the 15th Job and recompiled it then you are changing the state of the ( Status of the Job from Abort to Compiled) when you restart seq it the previous run say the check point is active and step 15 failed and it will try to run from 15th step but the 15th step in know not in abort state but in comipled state seq will not start and it will abort

Check point work fine when your Job is finalised and there is no more changes and only fauls due to Businnes logic problem or connetion problems Etc in this senarion check point works correct

One more not you have to set Reset if Required & Run in Job activity

Hope this will help you

Thank you

diamondabhi wrote:Hi All,
I am using DS 7.1 server sequencer to run around 20 jobs and checked the option checkpointed run. so when say job 15 aborts i go and make necessary changes to the job and compile it and restart the sequencer from the director but its getting aborted, but if i dont make any changes its doing a checkpointed run otherwise not. i want to rerun from job 15 and not from the start. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Abhi.
ram1899
diamondabhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by diamondabhi »

Ram,

Thanks a lot.

Abhi.