Version control

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Version control

Post by reddy »

Hello Sirs,

Can we demote jobs from production to version to dev.
i know it's a silly question but i have to give explanation to my client.

Thanks
Narasa
ranga1970
Participant

Post by ranga1970 »

you can..

but general practice is while exporting from dev to version and importing to prod you will convert the code to read only....

but if you want import back to dev make sure you will convert the code back to read and write.....
RRCHINTALA
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted - yes. But you don't go from Prod to VC back to Dev. Everything is in VC, so you simply take the most recent version of the job (i.e. the one currently in production) or any previous version (technically) and promote it from VC back to development. Also as noted, make sure you clear the 'Read Only' check box when you do that!
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
reddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by reddy »

chulett wrote:As noted - yes. But you don't go from Prod to VC back to Dev. Everything is in VC, so you simply take the most recent version of the job (i.e. the one currently in production) or any previous version (technically) and promote it from VC back to development. Also as noted, make sure you clear the 'Read Only' check box when you do that!
Thanks alot guys. Your suggestions helped lot.i was implemented version control perfectly.
Thanks for all guys.
Have a nice long weekend.

Thanks
Narasa