Whats wrong with derivation ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

snassimr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Whats wrong with derivation ?

Post by snassimr »

I try to create Transform stage variable from fiekd of hashed file tjhat is seen in source side of transformer .
'DSLink11.' there is link to source there is the field
But i get error during job compilation :

Compiling: Source = 'RT_BP6/JOB.959653744.DT.1365958375.TRANS1', Object = 'RT_BP6.O/JOB.959653744.DT.1365958375.TRANS1'
****************************************************************************************************************************
WARNING: Variable 'DSLink11.' never assigned a value.

Compilation Complete.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

snassimr,

the format for a column name is LinkName.ColumnName; and it looks like all you specified is the LinkName portion. You can re-do your derivation and use the drop-down list to get a valid column name if you wish. Also, your derivation should be in red, showing you have a syntax error in the transform stage; if this is not the case then you should re-set that attribute in the Designer's drop-down Tools -> Options.
snassimr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snassimr »

My Derivation is Last = DSLink11.Key
"Last" is the name of stage variable but i get error that you have seen

I dont get red because it seems right
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

snassimr,

in your derivation delete the DSLink11.Key and then use the insert-column function to put it back in. Also, I am assuming that your stage variable is called "Last" and your derivation simply reads "DSLink11.Key" without the "Last =" part. Sometime when you change the name of link the subsequent transform stage doesn't apply those changes (happens often when linking/unlinking stages)
snassimr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snassimr »

You was right .

Thank you