DSjobreport

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ann
Participant

DSjobreport

Post by ann »

Hi,
I am trying to get job info with DSjobreport routine as after job routine. But my text file is a sigle row result. which is like as fallows

STATUS REPORT FOR JOB: Extractfile
Generated: 2005-05-23 13:34:32
Job start time=2005-05-23 13:34:30
Job end time=2005-05-23 13:34:32
Job elapsed time=00:00:02
Job status=1 (Finished OK)
and the problem is in this text file carieage return becomeing a small box kinda character. When i am trying to read the file it is giveing me error "too many cols in a row"

help please
amsh76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by amsh76 »

How you are trying to read the file? I think your problem is with the column delimiter...
ann
Participant

Post by ann »

PRoblem is with the txt file. In my txt file the new lines became a . they are in one row.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D
My guess is that it's writing UNIX-style line terminators (LF) rather than Windows-style line terminators (CRLF). If you open with, say, Word you can convert them. There are also converter programs out there, such as unix2dos, that will perform these conversions.
(Or you could create a DataStage job to do the conversions!)

Code: Select all

SeqFileStage  ------>  SeqFileStage
Set the stage property "line terminator" on the source stage to "UNIX" and on the target stage to "DOS". Process the entire line as a single VarChar column.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
wilcywilliam
Participant

Post by wilcywilliam »

XML report can be obtained by specifying argument 1 of the DSJobReport routine 'report type' as '2'. Argument 3 of the DSJobReport routine 'XSL stylesheet' optionally specifies an XSL style sheet to format an XML report.
Wilcy William
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Doesn't the DSJobReport use @FM as a separator? You can do CONVERT(@FM,'~',YourString) to check