Can't connect to Datastage server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yiminghu
Participant

Can't connect to Datastage server

Post by yiminghu »

Hi,

I am having difficulty connecting to Datastage server. My account belongs to group dstage, and my co-worker who has the same group as me does not have such problem.

I could not figure out the reason, any suggestion?

Carol
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Your default group should be dstage. Also it could be a network issue. Different domain servers.
Mamu Kim
yiminghu
Participant

Post by yiminghu »

Do you mean the datastage server and my computer are located on different domain? But my co-worker could log in project using her account on my computer?
kduke wrote:Your default group should be dstage. Also it could be a network issue. Different domain servers.
yiminghu
Participant

Post by yiminghu »

I just found out from my coworker the reason I could not connect is because my password length exceeds 8. I never knew there is such restriction.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi,
I don't have any problem to connect despite my password length is 10. I don't think there is such restriction.

[quote="yiminghu"]I just found out from my coworker the reason I could not connect is because my password length exceeds 8. I never knew there is such restriction.[/quote]
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

There should be no limit on password length. If you type in a server name like dsdev. This has to be resolved by your machine or your domain name server. If you go to cmd in DOS and ping your server to see what the ip is and do the same on the other machine then compare them.

Also try to telnet to the server from both machines using both logins. Let us know what happens.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage sets no limit on password length. However, your system administrator may have. :twisted:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.