Job Name is different

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job Name is different

Post by elavenil »

Hi,

I have a simple test job in a category. Whenever the job is opened, the contents of the job showing correctly but the job's name is different from the actual job.

For eg. the job in the job category is "test" and it is showing "test2" when the job is opened in the designer. And "test2" existed earlier and it was deleted for smoe reasons.

Checked in DS_JOBS, the job name shows test only. I have no idea where the job's name coming from.

Can anyone enlighten me some clue why we are getting different job's name?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Saravanan
Prashantoncyber
Participant

Post by Prashantoncyber »

unstalling and then restalling DS client may solve this ......just try...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

elavenil,

do an export into a .dsx file and see if the "wrong" name text shows up in the file, and if it does exist check to see in which location.
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Thanks for your reply.

Hope reinstall is the last resort to resolve the problem and i like to understand the problem in the better manner rather than resolving the problem by reinstalling the component.

By Arnd's suggestion, exported the whole project and found that identifier shows the right job's name whereas Name shows the wrong job's name. Hope id is shown, when query is executed based on DS_JOBS.

Any suggesstions to resolve the problem.

Thanks
Saravanan
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

elavenil,

just make a backup copy of your job, change the field in the .DSX file and re-import that job. It doesn't address how you got to your current scenario but ought to resolve it.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Maybe you can take a full export of your project and perform a DS.REINDEX ALL.
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Arnd,

We might have studied in the same school/college. I did the same thing as exactly suggessted by you. And it is working fine.

Thanks
Saravanan