No Process Chain available

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sivap
Participant

No Process Chain available

Post by sivap »

Hi

SQL Server --------> Xfrn --------> SAP BW

I am getting this error while loading data from SQL server to BW. BWTest11..Load_PACK_for_SAP_BW_4: No Process Chain available to be started.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It looks like your SAP BW instance is busy doing other things, so can not allocate resources (process chain) to your request.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cse
Participant

Re: No Process Chain available

Post by cse »

sivap wrote:Hi

I am getting this error while loading data from SQL server to BW. BWTest11..Load_PACK_for_SAP_BW_4: No Process Chain available to be started.

Thanks
Hi

I'm doing the same thing and it works ok in DS 6.0.1 but in version 7r2 it doesn't work i get the same error as you do.
I seems to a problem with the parameter in the infopack in BW, a job defined in the infopack 3rdParty tab DSJob as 'MDExtract -param Data_Date_Parm=P-MD-END' gives this error but if I remove the parameter in the 3rdParty tab, so it only conatining the DataStage job name it works ok!! I have also made a special test where there is only one parameter that isn't used for anything and here I can see in the director that the parameter contains the default value and not the value from the 3rdParty tab in the infopackage.
I haven't made an E-CASE yet, but I will when I have checked out installation, because this error is actually stopping our upgrade from 6 to 7 of DataStage!!

/Carsten
cse
Participant

Re: No Process Chain available

Post by cse »

cse wrote:
sivap wrote:Hi

Thanks
Hi

I'm doing the same thing and it works ok in DS 6.0.1 but in version 7r2 it doesn't work i get the same error as you do.
I seems to a problem with the parameter in the infopack in BW, a job defined in the infopack 3rdParty tab DSJob as 'MDExtract -param Data_Date_Parm=P-MD-END' gives this error but if I remove the parameter in the 3rdParty tab, so it only conatining the DataStage job name it works ok!! I have also made a special test where there is only one parameter that isn't used for anything and here I can see in the director that the parameter contains the default value and not the value from the 3rdParty tab in the infopackage.
I haven't made an E-CASE yet, but I will when I have checked out installation, because this error is actually stopping our upgrade from 6 to 7 of DataStage!!

/Carsten
PS forgot to tell it's a PULL job which is started from BW