DS Upgrade Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

DS Upgrade Issue

Post by vinaymanchinila »

Recently we upgraded from V6.0.1 to V7.5. In my project there are 70 jobs which have sucessfully run except for one job which is no different from the others!

This job extracts data from SAP R/3 using ABAP Extract stage and writes to a flat file. When I run the job it gives:

1)Warning : Unknown: DSCGetStrLinkProp Value(??????) of property (CONNECTION_NAME) contains unmappable characters (ISO8859-1)

2)Then aborts with the following error: "Error while retrieving link property DSSAP Logical Connection not found: ??????"

Have checked Ascential knowledge base, they have similar issue there but have no workaround or solution yet.

Did any one deal with this before?

I did build a new job like this job and it works, the issue should be resolved as the job is in production and can not import this new job to production.
Thanks
Vinay
vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: DS Upgrade Issue

vinaymanchinila wrote:Recently we upgraded from V6.0.1 to V7.5. In my project there are 70 jobs which have sucessfully run except for one job which is no different from the others!

This job extracts data from SAP R/3 using ABAP Extract stage and writes to a flat file. When I run the job it gives:

1)Warning : Unknown: DSCGetStrLinkProp Value(??????) of property (CONNECTION_NAME) contains unmappable characters (ISO8859-1)

2)Then aborts with the following error: "Error while retrieving link property DSSAP Logical Connection not found: ??????"

Have checked Ascential knowledge base, they have similar issue there but have no workaround or solution yet.

Did any one deal with this before?

I did build a new job like this job and it works, the issue should be resolved as the job is in production and can not import this new job to production.
Thanks
Vinay
Any one with some ideas!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Nope, sorry. :?

What does this mean?
It sounds like you solved your problem. Why can't you "import this new job to production"?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

If I dont solve the issue we have other projects which we have not run the jobs yet, and I can not rebuild them all over again !
Thanks,