How to query for jobs that are not using $PROJDEF

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vaby
Charter Member
Charter Member

How to query for jobs that are not using $PROJDEF

Post by vaby »

Is anyone know an easy way to get a list of jobs in a project that do not use $PROJDEF?

Thanks!

Vladimir
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is possible. It is not easy - you need to query on undocumented columns (in particular the parameters collection in DS_JOBOBJECTS in ROOT records) - with a join to DS_JOBS to get the job name.
I might get time on the weekend to post something, if no-one has done so before then.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Code: Select all

SELECT 
   DS_JOBS.NAME AS JOB_NAME, 
   DS_JOBS.CATEGORY, 
   DS_JOBOBJECTS.NAME AS OBJECT_NAME, 
   DS_JOBOBJECTS.OLETYPE, 
   EVAL DS_JOBOBJECTS."if index(upcase(@RECORD),'PROJDEF',1) > 0 then 'FOUND' else ''" AS FOUND FMT '5L'
FROM 
   DS_JOBS, 
   DS_JOBOBJECTS 
WHERE 
   DS_JOBS.JOBNO = DS_JOBOBJECTS.OBJIDNO 
   and FOUND = 'FOUND'
GROUP BY
   JOB_NAME, 
   DS_JOBS.CATEGORY, 
   OBJECT_NAME, 
   DS_JOBOBJECTS.OLETYPE, 
   FOUND
;
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Might be more efficient were DS_JOBOBJECTS additionally constrained only to process ROOT records, as it is only these that contain parameter collections. (Actually I need to check that - shared containers also have parameters - do they have ROOT records in DS_JOBOBJECTS?)
And wouldn't SELECT DISTINCT have avoided the need for GROUP BY clause?
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Thu May 12, 2005 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vimali balakrishnan
Participant

Post by vimali balakrishnan »

Can you explain the query.

Thanks,
Vimali Balakrishnan.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's fairly standard SQL - which pieces aren't you certain about?

EVAL is a UniVerse SQL extension to allow BASIC expressions to be used in much the same way that regular SQL expressions are. FMT is a keyword that overrides the default column width and justification, which is 10 characters left-justified for EVAL).

In the BASIC expression @RECORD means "the entire record", so that the test determines whether the string "PROJDEF" appears anywhere in the job objects record.

Note: @RECORD can NOT be used to mean "the entire record" in DataStage jobs - only in UniVerse/SQL queries.