Job Status

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Job Status

Post by narasimha »

Searched for it in the forum, maybe could not get the keywords right!

Is there any way we get to know what datastage jobs are run, its status at any particular time (Project level)
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Director.

dsjob.

Kim Duke's tools.

Those are the three options you have. What do you want to do with the information? Where do you want to see the information? Do you want a history? Do you just want someone to watch the jobs?
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Director.
Director - We cannot get the jobs running at the project level (Going through each category is tiresome)
dsjob.
dsjob -ljobs <project> - Gives the list of all the jobs (I want information only about the jobs running with their status)
Kim Duke's tools.
Kim's tools (Is it ETLStats or is it something else Kim Created!)
What do you want to do with the information?
I want this information to see what jobs are running at any point of time
Where do you want to see the information?
I would be happy to see this information anywhere DS or OS
Do you want a history?
History is not must, but it would be good if know a way to display that too
Do you just want someone to watch the jobs?
I dont want to watch the jobs all the time, but just want information about the number,details and status of jobs running at any point of time
Did I answer all your questions?
Thanks for putting in more questions :wink:
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you just want to know what server jobs and job sequences are running now, you can look at the job processes with a UNIX command.

Code: Select all

ps -ef | grep DSD.RUN | grep -v grep
Use (pipe into) cut or awk or sed or similar to produce the report you require.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Both EtlStats and DwNav are designed to store a history of run times and row counts of completed jobs. I really have never taught about a process to see how much work the server was doing at any given time. Maybe useful. Let us know what you come up with. Ray's solution could be used in a filter.
Mamu Kim
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Thanks Ray/Kim,

Kim's solution does give us information about the jobs running on a particular system at any instant.
May be we should try and explore more on getting more information on the jobs running, which project they belong, ......, ....., .. :roll:

Though not critical, may be usefull for somebody :mrgreen:
Narasimha Kade