New IBM web sphere datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kiran_418
Participant

New IBM web sphere datastage

Post by kiran_418 »

HI
As we all know IBM has fully taken Ascential datastage. Previously Datastage is more inclined to Oracle as it has various oracle stages. Now will newer version impact the oracle usage. The reason Y i ask is I know only oracle but dont have any idea about DB2.
Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The intention, as with the entire Websphere suite, is to be as database-agnostic as possible. Don't worry about support for Oracle disappearing; there are just too many DataStage/Oracle shops out there paying maintenance! :wink:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

DataStage has never been inclined towards any database except perhaps Universe. The reliance on Universe is being removed in the Hawk release.

I have version 7.x of DataStage and it has an enterprise stage, a bulk loader and an OCI stage for Oracle, DB2 and Teradata - as well as some other database stages.

IBM used to position the Information Intregration tools as DB2 tools, last year the rebadged them as WebSphere and tried to tone down the DB2 reliance, now they will package these integration tools as DB agnostic. They have already committed to selling WebSphere DataStage as a stand alone product (no need for DB2 licenses).