LIBPATH DSENV

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bryan
Participant

LIBPATH DSENV

Post by bryan »

I have my library paths set for oracle and datastage account in the DSENV file using LIBPATH variable.

According to me, this LIBPATH need not necessarily be in the DSParams file. Since the values for variables are set for datastage at the time of start through DSENV. The dev environment seems to be working for now.

Please throw some light if my env. would fail if I dont put the LIBPATH variable in DSParams.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The dsenv file is an artifact of a UNIX server and yet you've marked your post as being a Windows server. Assuming you are running on UNIX...

For Oracle you need to have your $ORACLE_HOME defined in the dsenv file and your SHLIB_PATH (or LD_LIBRARY_PATH depending on your platform) needs to include a reference to '$ORACLE/lib32' or possibly '$ORACLE_HOME/lib' again depending on your platform. With those in place, a good tnsnames.ora file where it belongs and a freshly restarted (post change) DataStage server - you should be fine. :?

It all pretty much works or doesn't work.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage won't work on UNIX unless $DSHOME/lib is in SHLIB_PATH. The dsenv file guarantees that this is the case.
On Windows shared libraries are found via Registry entries, so that there is no dsenv file required.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

On a Unix server, You can specify the info as a global value to all projects in the dsenv, or as a project level user defined variable (using the administrator) which then appears in the DSParams file.
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

So DSParams is a file to set project level variables and dsenv is a file
to set parameters globally for all the projects , am i right?

Please shed me some light on this ,

Thank you all,
bryan
Participant

Post by bryan »

Thats right Anna.

Thanks Guys
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

Thank you bryan.