Error Control

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mark_E
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error Control

Post by Mark_E »

hi can anyone give me an overview of the following in datastage. 'Error control' and 'Reporting of job status'. where and how it would be used.

i know this is very vague. any pointers greatly appreciated.

thanks
mark_e
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

A bit too vague for me, Mark...

You do need to narrow this down a bit to specifics. Basically a job run can be put into one of 3 classes - ran fine, ran with warning(s) or aborted. Depending upon how a job is called and from where you have different options on what to do on an error.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A search on this Forum is likely to prove productive. For example you will turn up the knowledge that one of the better sources for error codes is the UniVerse InterCall User's Guide.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ray.wurlod wrote:A search on this Forum is likely to prove productive.
Especially if you Search by Author when looking for pointers on which manuals to read. I find that 'ray*' works best for me, then I don't have to remember how to spell 'Wurlod' or if there's a dot in it or not. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers