DSR_JOB (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anilkona
Participant

DSR_JOB (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly

Post by anilkona »

We have two DataStage projects on AIX box. Both projects are sharing the same DataStage server engine.

When we try to create a new job, we run in to the following error. We are able to run jobs successfully.

The error messages are as follows:
Error calling subroutine: DSR_JOB (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly in project 89Upgrade
(The connection is broken (81002))

Error calling subroutine: DSR_RECORD (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly in project 89Upgrade
Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR_SELECT (Action=4); check DataStage is set up correctly in project 89Upgrade
Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR_SELECT (Action=3); check DataStage is set up correctly in project 89Upgrade

Error calling subroutine: DSR_RECORD (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly in project 89Upgrade

Does anyone has any idea what could be the cause of the above mentioned errors?

Thanks and Regards,
Anil
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Is this error reproduceable? It looks identical to the error message you see in the designer after a timeout.

In the offending project can you open up existing jobs? What happens when you save them or do a "save as" another name? Can you view and/or modify components in the manager in this project?
anilkona
Participant

Post by anilkona »

When I try to save an existing job, it gives me following error message:

Error creating job TEST to copy into
Another job is being created - please try again later

And if I try to create a new job with same name 'TEST', I get an error that another job is being created with the same name.

If I try to create a new job with a different name, I get following errors:

Another job is being created - please try again later

Unable to return an attached Job.

Thanks for your time,
-Anil
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Anil,

it looks like you are either having concurrency problems (you might have a process that has taken a lock than is no longer responding) or perhaps a corrupt file. It is more likely that you have a concurrency issue here! (that's the good news)

If you can, restart DS (best choice) or go into the director and use Job -> Cleanup Resources to see if there are process locks there that should not be.
anilkona
Participant

Post by anilkona »

I get the same error after clearing locks, logging out processes using DS.TOOLS command and finally restarting the DS Server.

Error calling subroutine: DSR_JOB (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly in project 89Upgrade

Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR_SELECT (Action=4); check DataStage is set up correctly in project 89Upgrade
Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR_SELECT (Action=3); check DataStage is set up correctly in project 89Upgrade

Thanks for your time,
-Anil
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Did you do a (2) and (4) in DS.TOOLS and make sure that no errors occurred?
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Is this happening in one project or all projects?
What if you create a new project and do these actions on the new proj?
Did you cleanup and reindex your project?
anilkona
Participant

Post by anilkona »

This seems to be happening only on one project.
what do u mean by cleaning the project and indexing? Please let me know if there is any tools or set of instructions to perform these operations.

Thanks,
-Anil
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Search for those topics in the forum. There are several and detailed posts already present.
anilkona
Participant

Post by anilkona »

You are the man.
Re-indexing seems to have solved the problem. Thanks a lot

But when I try to create a job with DB2/UDB stage and try to open the stage, the client freezes.

But the job itself is getting saved fine.

Any idea why the DataStage designer client freezes. DataStage Designer is running on Windows XP SP2 box.

Thanks,
-Anil
anilkona
Participant

Post by anilkona »

Finally I had to uninstall the client, remove all the entries from the registry and re-install the client software. That fixed the problem of DataStage designer hanging while opening DB2/UDB stage definition.

Thanks for all your help

-Anil