account hash files usage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pisania
Participant

account hash files usage

Post by pisania »

I would like to know if there is a way to determine which hash files are no longer being used by any job.
Is there a way to list the hash files in the account directory? :roll:

Thanks in advance,

Andrea
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

If metadata exists for the table/hash in the repository then you can simply use the manager to do a usage analysis. Right click on the object (table def) and choose usage analysis.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Andrea,

if you used table definitions from the MANAGER in your jobs then you can use usage-analysis to find out in which jobs a given table definition was used.

If not, then tracking down usage is a bit more involved. If you have a table name that you think isn't being used anymore, I would do a quick and dirty search using a full export of the project and then a text search to see if the table name pops up. Not 100% guaranteed to function, but should give you a good indication.

I might just use the date-time-last-modified information from UNIX as a viable indicator as well.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Ray posted SQL for hash file names. If you do a search and cannot find it then let me know. I would use this. If a hash file is used in a routine then you need to search DS_ROUTINES as well. I think this should get you close.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use the operating system (or the BASIC STATUS statement) to examine the date/time modified of the hashed files? Date/time accessed, even.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pisania
Participant

Post by pisania »

Thank you!! :)
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Export the jobs you are using and locate for OLEType "CHashedFileStage".

Alternatively locate for HashInput or HashOutput from an xml export. Maybe use XSLT.

As you are working in Unix, you can use the OS command to format and return the exact values you want.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Mamu Kim
pisania
Participant

Post by pisania »

I found it.... thank you :wink: