VOC DELETE ERROR 39125

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

joespinoza
Participant

VOC DELETE ERROR 39125

Post by joespinoza »

Hi,

I Have a problem with a VOC file, my DS Server run on Unix and the VOC file from a project was deleted, I can't login in this project and I need make a backup of Jobs to install in other server, how I can do this??

Thanks

Joel

:?:
MaheshKumar Sugunaraj
Participant

Post by MaheshKumar Sugunaraj »

Hi,

The VOC file are very important files for DS, in this case if you can ask your UNIX administartor if they do a back up of all what is available on the UNIX Server and ask them to give you a dump of it and then you can reinitialize the DS Project and it should be fine.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks & Regards
Mahesh
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Joe,

as Mahesh stated, your VOC is an important file - it stands for VOCabulary and lists _everything_ about that account... It is quite difficult (almost impossible) to reconstitute a DS account whose VOC is missing. The two major (and relatively painless) options are:

(a) do a UNIX restore of the VOC
(b) re-install the project from a DataStage .dsx backup

If you have neither you are up a swiftly moving creek armed only with a little spoon as a paddle.
joespinoza
Participant

Post by joespinoza »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, my system administrator haven't a backup of this file, last backup is very long time ago, thank for your help

regards

Joel
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Joe,

OK, so the (a) system restore option won't work. What about a DataStage export?

If not that either, what sort of a project did you have - how many jobs? Did you have your own routines/functions? If you go to the project directory, how many files of the type RT_BP<nnn> do you have (this gives a rough count of how many jobs you do have)?
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

If you do not have any other resort, you may try to create a dummy DS installation in some other machine and copy the VOC created in new to your current area.
joespinoza
Participant

Post by joespinoza »

Arnd,

we have 100 Jobs on this project, may be more. I can't login at the project and can't do an export. how I can export the jobs without login?

Regards

Joel
joespinoza
Participant

Post by joespinoza »

Hi Sainath.Srinivasan,

I try to do that, with a dummy file and with another old VOC (from other project) and don't work. Thanks for help

Regards
Joel
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Joe,

there is NO fully automated way to get your project back. If all you have are 100 jobs and nothing else (i.e. no functions/routines or custom stages) then you will need to do several things, all of which will take a lot of time.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I sent that posting off before I wanted to, sorry.

You will need to do some work at the shell level, or you might write a DS job to do the hash file I/O.

Essentially you will need to re-create the VOC entries as well as the DS_JOBS entries for each of your missing files. The Job information along with it's number needs to be put into the DS_JOBS file, then some/all of the VOC entries for RT_STATUS<nnn>, RT_BP<nnn>, RT_TEMP<nnn>, RT_CONFIG<nnn>, RT_LOG<nnn> and maybe RT_SC<nnn> need to be created and point to the original locations where the files reside. This could probably be automated, or at least simplified.

This is the first part of recovery, there is a bit more work and checking necessary to recover completely.

I think that a couple of the members here would, as an actual consulting job against payment for services rendered, be able to restore your project for you if you do not have the time to attempt to recover. I know I would.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It might be worth trying the following.

1. Copy VOC, D_VOC, VOCLIB and D_VOCLIB from another project, using operating system command (cp on UNIX, COPY on Windows).

2. Change to the project directory and enter the dssh environment.

Code: Select all

. $DSHOME/dsenv
$DSHOME/bin/dssh
3. Execute the DataStage command:

CLEAN.ACCOUNT
This *should* create pointers to all the repository tables to which Arnd referred. While this approach is not 100% guaranteed, it will probably get you back at least to a position where you can export the jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I had completely forgotten about CLEAN.ACCOUNT! I would think that using that, doing a full export of all jobs and then importing into a fresh account should get you going again.

Once again Ray has come up with a viable & simple solution!
shivadas
Participant

Project PathName

Post by shivadas »

When i copy and try to login i noticed that the project Path name is the other project name, Where do i change this to current project or to other

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The project name is in the header of the VOC file. You use the VERIFY.SQL command to repair it. First use VERIFY.SQL without the FIX option to verify what will be fixed.

VERIFY.SQL SCHEMA projectname
Then use VERIFY.SQL with the FIX option - you will need to be the Administrator for this.

VERIFY.SQL SCHEMA projectname FIX
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shivadas
Participant

jobs not visible

Post by shivadas »

Ray,

I have create project on other server and copyed the VOC, VOCLIB, D_VOC & D_VOCLIB files to the old project...

Now the category are displaying but when i try to view the jobs it says Cannot open executable jobs RT_CONFIGXXX

I am able to see the RT_CONFIG folders under my project...

I tryed to
DS.TOOLS->2 option
DS.REINDEX

But still no use, I am able to see the jobs in DS Manager & DS Designer, but not in DS Director...

In designer/Director i am unable to Compile or open the jobs it thows error Saying executables not found

Can you please help to how would i get my jobs back

Thanks