Datastage permissions question

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mak
Participant

Datastage permissions question

Post by mak »

Is there a way to set up an user in datastage so as to just view logs in director and not run the jobs.

I checked the documentation it only mentioned 4 user categories-developer,production manager,operator,None but none of these 4 are helpful for the above mentioned permission.

Thanks
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

No.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You would have to do some programming tricks. I wrote a job to email you the log file of any job. You could automatically run this at the end of a sequence for every job in the sequence. It is part of EtlStats. You can download this from my tips page.
Mamu Kim
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

What about giving the users the director priviledge but do not say the important user/pass info (apart from those required to login to DS Server).
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:What about giving the users the director priviledge but do not say the important user/pass info (apart from those required to login to DS Server).
No, the server login is the DataStage user login. There are no abilities within DataStage to do what was asked. You can setup programmatic solutions that would allow you to do certain things, but this is soooo messy I will not even attempt to explain how to do it.

Kim's suggestion is a viable option, export the log information programmatically to a third party such as a database. But, the question asked was not for a work-around, it was for inherent capability.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

I know that DS user/pass is the underlying Server Os's user/pass. My idea was something like avoiding the people the db, network user/pass in order to avoid processing.
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

The answer given saying "NO" is the right one. You can build a Routine to email you the Log as a attachment or place on a server thats accessible by all developers. Ascential has no plans at this time to provide a Log Viewer only.