How to make error code bold/outstanding in Job report

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to make error code bold/outstanding in Job report

Post by shrey3a »

Hi,

I have a sequencer job which runs 7 server jobs the trigger is been set to 'unconditional mode' i.e. whatever the status is shoot an email.

Now the problem is in the job log I want to make the job which has failed as bold or something outstanding so that when the support team looks at the email instead of going thru' all the jobs they see the failed ones distinct from others.

or there is any other way for the above scenario.

Regards,
Munish
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Bold is just a display attribute - it really depends upon what tool they use to view the message. You can always parse the text and modify it yourself; perhaps you could put in an html header and then use simple HTML attributes <bold> and </bold> to highlight the text... this would only work if the recipient views the message as html.
shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shrey3a »

Hi ,

The email is been generated by sequencer plug in i.e. notification activity (attach job log check box clicked), the problem is to make the error or failed job distinct in the email.

Regards,
Munish
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You can't. Not unless you are willing to totally replace that process with one of your own making. :?

Something to keep in mind - the failed job will be the last job listed in the email when you tick that option.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers