Restarting Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

KarinaT
Participant

Restarting Datastage

Post by KarinaT »

Hi,

We are trying to stop the DS server and we had this error:
DataStage Engine 7.0.1.1 instance "ade" may be in inconsistant state.

Does anybody knows what does it mean?

Thank You,

Karina
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

The message means that there may have been one or more DataStage processes executing when you stopped the server, which have had their shared memory segments removed (and probably died as a result). These could have been connected clients.

99% of the time, restarting forces a consistent state to be re-established.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arunverma
Participant

Post by arunverma »

Hi Karina ,

We have faced the same problem earlier , whenever you stop DS engine
You can confirm connectivity to DS serevr by

netstat -a | grep dsr

If you wnat to discontinue , then find out PID and kiil it .

for ex: you want to get PID of root process 1324 then give following command

lsof -i | grep 1324

get PID and kill .

I may be wrong if you are facing problem differnet problem .

arun
Arun Verma
KarinaT
Participant

Post by KarinaT »

Thank you Ray and Arun for your answer!

(sorry my english is not really good yet, I hope you'll understand!)

We still have problems to stop and restart Datastage!

We saw that there is shared memory segment belong to the root so we ask the unix administrator to remove them (ipcrm)..

After that, we successfuly restart Datastage but we cannot connect to Datastage the error message said that username and password was incorrect.

We tried to stop and restart Datastage again, and now, it said that the daemon is not running, but the command "uv -admin -info" said that everything is running properly.

Do you know what is our problems!? We are thinking about completely reinstalling Datastage!! :shock: :roll:

Karina
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Well, it looks like you have several things happening here...

1) I'm not sure why it gave you a userid/password error providing you have logged in fine before....

2) I have seen where uv -admin -info says daemon running but when trying to get into Designer you get what you see....I go back to the uv -admin -stop and enter it a few times....wait awhile and I'm fine....but its all related to bringing DS down initially while Jobs were executing or users where doing things....you must assure they are all off or the basic ps -ef | grep ds command. Anyway its related to a ade shared memory segment still out there and needs to be deleted.

3) To delete this ade I unfortunately can't remember the uvsh commands but call Ascential Support...tell them this is what you feel and have them WebEx or walk through the commands.