RT_CONFIG118.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Rubu
Premium Member
Premium Member

RT_CONFIG118.

Post by Rubu »

Hi All

while trying to open a project I am getting the following error.

Its says:

Cannot open executable job file RT_CONFIG118.

But from another machine I can open the same project without any problem.
Any idea what this RT_CONFIG file stores?

Regards
Palasjyoti
sudharsanan
Participant

Post by sudharsanan »

Rubu,

As you are saying that you are able to open the project from another machine.. there could some problem or corruption with the Datastage Client installed in your machine.. have you tried uninstalling and installing the client in this machine?...

Regards
Sudharsanan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'll assert that you can't open that particular job from any client. The RT_CONFIG118 (hashed) file contains run-time configuration information about job number 118. It is written to by compiling the job.

For some reason DataStage is unable to open that particular hashed file. It may be permissions, it may be corruption, it may have been deliberately or inadvertently deleted. You need to do some detective work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
My wild guess is this is happening with the director :wink:
it will remember the job you were on and when you'll attach to the project again it will be focused on the exat job it was on when you closed the director.
since this is client specific (pc) it will not happen on other clients if they were not focused on that job when they were closed.

beyond that you need to logto the project using uv or dssh and selecting the job name for jobno 118 to get the exact job in question.

or you can try fixing it or deleting it or what ever like Ray sugested (all this info is a search away.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Log to your project from uv and check the job no.

You can export the job (if possible) and delete the current version. Then you can reimport.

As your client remembers the folder you were last, you are getting the message. If you log to any other client and browse the same folder, you will receive the same error - first time.