Error connectivity to Sybase IQ Open Client

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kinooy
Participant

Error connectivity to Sybase IQ Open Client

Post by kinooy »

HI,

I have error message while using SYBASE OC plug in in DataStage Client.
"ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen of sybaseoc.so -ld.so.1: dsapi_slave: fatal: libct.so: open failed: No such file or directory"
I am using DSEDIT write in interfaces file.
asiqdemo
master TCP ether 192.168.1.17 2638
query TCP ether 192.168.1.17 2638
In windows version it did successfully, but got error in Unix.

YA
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Many of the plugin stages on a UNIX server need to be configured before they will work correctly. This includes, for Database stages, the libraries where their client software can be found being added to the SHLIB_PATH (or equivalent) environment variable in the dsenv configuration file. From memory, you also need to define the SYSBASE and SYSBASE_OCS variables as well. Any changes to the dsenv file require DataStage to be stopped and restarted before they take effect.

This is all documented in the DataStage Plug-In Installation and Configuration Guide on your client pc in the 'Docs' sub-folder.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kinooy
Participant

Post by kinooy »

chulett wrote:Many of the plugin stages on a UNIX server need to be configured before they will work correctly. This includes, for Database stages, the libraries where their client software can be found being added to the SHLIB_PATH (or equivalent) environment variable in the dsenv configuration file. From memory, you also need to define the SYSBASE and SYSBASE_OCS variables as well. Any changes to the dsenv file require DataStage to be stopped and restarted before they take effect.

This is all documented in the DataStage Plug-In Installation and Configuration Guide on your client pc in the 'Docs' sub-folder.

OK Thank You, I will search for it