VersionControl Project - sharedcontainers without categories

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

netland
Participant

VersionControl Project - sharedcontainers without categories

Post by netland »

Hi,

Is it normal that the DS Manager doesn't show the categories under my sharedcontainer folder ?

In the version control project i can see all the categories when using the designer, but when i use the manager, they aren't there.
Is that normal ?

br
Tom
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. It suggests that the indexing in the project you're looking at with Manager or Designer needs rebuilding (search for DS.REINDEX). Version Control uses a different project; I'd guess that the indexing there is intact.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
netland
Participant

Post by netland »

Well, i'm not using the default "Version" project.

I have 4 main projects, and 4 versionprojects (9 in total, including the default one named Version)

ProjA
ProjAVersion
ProjB
ProjBVersion
ProjC
ProjCVersion
ProjD
ProjDVersion
Version

The 4 Proj?Version projects have this problem. I don't know about the one named Version, perhaps i should try testing that one aswell.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you actually HAVE categories for your shared containers, or have you just put them all in the "root" category? That is, when you open a shared container's properties, is there anything in the Category field?

If you have not specified any categories, there will be none displayed.

You can verify this with "create new category" from the pop-up menu.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
netland
Participant

Post by netland »

Now back at work i've done some more investigation.

I can create categories in the xVersion projects.
In the default "Version" project the categories under sharedcontainers works as expected.

I think i'll initialize the projects before i try rebuilding anything.

br
Tom