Can't kill Job Sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

palmeal
Participant

Can't kill Job Sequence

Post by palmeal »

I have a Job Sequence that won't stop in Director. I have a number of server job activities linked together with a routine in between each one. The routine is trying to count the number of rows that are passed between links.

Where I think I have gone wrong is that I pasted in some code from this forum that has a DSJobAttach and the value I have supplied for this is the same job name as is already running. This is clearly not correct and think this is why I can't kill off the currently running job.

How can I stop this job running ? I only have developer access to Administrator so I'll have to put a call into the States if this is the only way to get on and kill the job.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Palmeal,

If you don't have access to the Director -> Job -> Cleanup Resources you are SOL and will have to get someone with the access right to do it for you. BTW, the DSAttachJob call to your own job hang bug is now a GTAR
palmeal
Participant

Post by palmeal »

Cheers guys - the problem has now been resolved States side. I'm fairly lucky that this happened when the States had woken up - the 5 hour difference is not ideal !!!

Unfortunately, I don't have access to Cleanup Resources or the dstage command line but as ever I have learned new things through this excellent forum.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

wilcywilliam - in this case the command line would not have helped either, since the job is effectively hung (assuming that his hang was cause within the DSAttachJob call; which would show up in a PORT.STATUS command).