compilation error in sequence jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

compilation error in sequence jobs

Post by DSguru2B »

Hi there guyz,
The problem i am facing is that i am getting a compilation error which says

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<JobSeqGenError>
<Code>2017</Code>
<Desc>XML parser error on input line 0: source='', reason='The system cannot locate the resource specified.
'</Desc>
<LineNum>0</LineNum>
<Line></Line>
<Ref></Ref>
<Version>7.5.0.25</Version>
</JobSeqGenError>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This started happening only today when i switched over to a different machine. All the regular jobs compile. My sequences used to compile fine on the other pc, but by switching computers, i am getting this compilation error.
Keep in mind this error is encountered only while compiling sequence jobs, rest of the server jobs compile and execute just fine.
what could it be?
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Hi,

This was caused by lack of permissions. You do not have full access rights to the Datastage client installation dir and/or to the temp dir

It usually hapends in organizations that limit the access to the C drive but iinstall the DS client there.

HTH,
Amos
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

are you sure thats the reason, because the rest of my jobs are compiling, its just the sequence jobs that are giving me trouble.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

This error happens only on sequences and when you do not have write priviledge to the local PC dir where your client is installed.