DS75 Upgrade - jobs running as dsadm

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sri1dhar
Charter Member
Charter Member

DS75 Upgrade - jobs running as dsadm

Post by sri1dhar »

Hi,

I just finished an in-place upgrade of DataStage from 6.0.1 to 7.5 in our testing environment.
I performed the upgrade as root.

Everything looks fine except that all jobs are running as 'dsadm' irrespective of the user (owner of the project) that invoked the job.

If the job is creating a sequential/hash file, the file is being created with the owner as 'dsadm' instead of the user that invoked the job.

Any inputs on resolving this issue is appreciated.

Thanks
Sri
Luk
Participant

Post by Luk »

dsadm - is default user when you don't type another one during root installation
LUK
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm... I've always done all of my installs and upgrades as root over the years and this is a new one on me. :?

I guess something permissions-wise is the problem. What permissions are on $DSHOME? Any 'sticky-bits' or the (what is it called?) SUID set? And out of curiousity, what operating system? Check both $DSHOME and the 'Projects' directory for grins.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Are you scheduling the jobs?
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

There's also an option with the installation that allows you to chose which mode to use... you can also change it afterwards in uvconfig (but better probably at installation).

Ogmios
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are also scripts to let you set and reset impersonation mode (for that is what it's called), in the sample directory.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.