Unable to Export Job Categories

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tombastian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to Export Job Categories

Post by tombastian »

Hi,
I am facing a problem with exporting the Job Designs and Job Executables in my project. I am unable export the job category wise. For Routines and shared containers etc.. it's working fine. If I try to export the job category wise, it is giving the following error.

"Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR_SELECT (Action=7); check DataStage is set up correctly in project dashbd_sg_int
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))".

This happens with only one project in the server, for the rest of the projects it's working fine.

If anyone knows something about this, pls revert.

Regards,
Tom.
Kirtikumar
Participant

Cause for this error is..

Post by Kirtikumar »

Hi,
I was also facing similar problem.

Solution is : Re-indexing is to be done for the project. It requires all users to be logged of the Project. The command:

Code: Select all

DS.REINDEX ALL
This command can be executed from uvsh or DS Administrator.

Regards,
Kirtikumar.
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
tombastian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tombastian »

..it worked...but not before some anxious movements..

Thanks,
Tom
Last edited by tombastian on Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
sudharsanan
Participant

Post by sudharsanan »

Tom,

"it worked...but not before some anxious movements.. "

what are the anxious movements you did?..

Kriti,

can you throw some inputs on Re-indexing... why this has to be done?.. and what are the advantages and Disadvantages of Re-indexing?..please let us know...

Thanks
Sudharsanan AN
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Tom,

the indices usually only need to be rebuilt after something goes wrong within a project (i.e. system crash or file system full or similar events) or if the pathname to the project has changed. The repository files are all accessed by relative path or name; but the secondary indices contain an absolute path which can wreak havoc when doing a UNIX level rename or copy of a projects {which is why the documentation states that you shouldn't be doing this}. I seem to remember you posting a while ago about problems in the project so this might still have been a remnant of those issues.