How to import/export the latest batch jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DS_MJ
Participant

How to import/export the latest batch jobs

Post by DS_MJ »

Hello All:

I have various Batch jobs based on Date in Version Control. They are all in version 1.0 jobs in version control.

When I import the jobs from Version Control to DataStage Server as of that Batch Date I have the following issues:

1. During selection of the job to import there are 4 jobs of the same name. How do I know which is the latest batch job...?

2. The jobs setup in version control are set to read only. Once I import the job to datastage Server development environment it still has read only access. How do I change the permission on this job to read/write and execute on the server side which is also version 7.5.

Thanks in advance.

MJ
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: How to import/export the latest batch jobs

Post by chulett »

DS_MJ wrote:1. During selection of the job to import there are 4 jobs of the same name. How do I know which is the latest batch job...?
Import? If you mean 'Initialize' into VC then there can't be 4 jobs with the same name. Same thing when you 'Promote' from VC to a project, you'll find the jobs all have different names as the version number is appended onto the job name. So, pick the 'highest version' (probably 1_4) to get the lastest version of the job. The VERSION project is just an ordinary Project like all the others with an extra bit or two thrown in to track things. And since you can't have two jobs with the same name in a project...
2. The jobs setup in version control are set to read only. Once I import the job to datastage Server development environment it still has read only access. How do I change the permission on this job to read/write and execute on the server side which is also version 7.5.
Leave that alone. You will have 'execute' on the production side as long as you let VC compile the job - which is the default. Read Only should be on so that the job cannot be modified in the production project, but you will have the 'design time' information available so you can look at it over there.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DS_MJ
Participant

Post by DS_MJ »

Hi chulett:

Thanks a bunch.

Mamta