Time out Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SWW
Participant

Time out Error

Post by SWW »

Help!

I am running 9 control jobs which call 9 sequence jobs which executes 9 load jobs and writes info to 9 audit & link tables. Each control job is based on a location and each are separate jobs, tables, hash files,etc. I can run each location separately, but when I start a sequence job that calls all 9 control jobs, I get the abort message below for a few locations and the main sequence aborts and stops the rest of the control jobs to run. Does any one have any ideas why I can run each as a stand alone, but not together? and what does the below error mean.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

ISA_Load_Seq_CHD..JobControl (@ISA_Load_Job_CHD): Controller problem: Error calling DSRunJob(ISA_Load_Job_CHD), code=-14
[Timed out while waiting for an event]
SWKYDERBY
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The 14 is a resource error, from what I recall. You have overloaded your machine. You either need to throttle back on how many you run at any given time, or look into upping some of the internal configuration parameters for the DataStage server. Not something for the faint of heart... or the subject of a one line post...

You might want to post your server specs.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Transmogorifier
Participant

Re: Time out Error

Post by Transmogorifier »

Whoa, do the math about how many simultaneous jobs are being run. Try calling the 9 control jobs one after the other making sure that ALL the jobs are not being initialized/run at once.

DSWaitForJob() helps if you have not included it yet in your job control yet. How about the default timeout constraints for your job?

Cheers. :-)
SWW wrote:Help!

I am running 9 control jobs which call 9 sequence jobs which executes 9 load jobs and writes info to 9 audit & link tables. Each control job is based on a location and each are separate jobs, tables, hash files,etc. I can run each location separately, but when I start a sequence job that calls all 9 control jobs, I get the abort message below for a few locations and the main sequence aborts and stops the rest of the control jobs to run. Does any one have any ideas why I can run each as a stand alone, but not together? and what does the below error mean.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

ISA_Load_Seq_CHD..JobControl (@ISA_Load_Job_CHD): Controller problem: Error calling DSRunJob(ISA_Load_Job_CHD), code=-14
[Timed out while waiting for an event]
SWW
Participant

Post by SWW »

Thanks for all your suggestions. I knew running all nine control jobs was not the problem because prior to this week they have been running successfully for months. The past two weeks the server has been tweaked and a lot of cooks in the kitchen thing has happened. We rebooted the server and the nine control jobs ran flawlessly. We do have some people looking into some of the issues that were brought up. Thanks for your input.

Steve
SWKYDERBY