Not getting the proper format

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gopskrish
Participant

Not getting the proper format

Post by gopskrish »

Hi Everybody,

I am taking data from Sybase and loading the same in flatfile.
For all the columns which are of type float, I am not getting the same value in the target (my target type is also float)
I have changed the target datatype to varchar,decimal etc., but i am not getting the result what i want.

Eg) if the source value is 3500000 , I should get the same.
But I am getting values like 3.5e+06.
If i use decimal (,), I am getting 03500000.00.

I am using PX. Do help me out on this.

cheers,
Gopal
Last edited by gopskrish on Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am verymuch interested to learn an ETL tool and i find datastage as the best one to do so.
JDionne
Participant

Re: Problem in Job sequence which uses parameters

Post by JDionne »

gopskrish wrote:Hi Everybody,

I have good experience in datawarehousing but very new to datastage. I have created a job sequence and one parameter file which will have all parameters needed for all jobs. I have 3 jobs inside the sequence and all three have parameters (in the job as well). When i run the sequence it is aborting at the first job itself. Why is that so ?

kindly throw some light on that.

Thanks

Gopal
Please go into the Director and look at the log file for the job that fails. Post back the error and we may be able to figure it out :)
Sure I need help....But who dosent?
gopskrish
Participant

Post by gopskrish »

Hi,

This is what i got in the log.

CopyOfPrice_Seq..JobControl (@Coordinator): Summary of sequence run
11:42:32: Sequence started
11:42:32: Set_Parameters (ROUTINE DSU.UICISetJobParamsFromFile) started
11:42:32: Set_Parameters finished, reply=1
11:42:32: Exchange_Extraction (JOB CopyOfFXRate_Extraction) started
11:42:37: Exchange_Extraction (JOB CopyOfFXRate_Extraction) finished, status=3 [Aborted]
11:42:38: Sequence finished OK

Thanks
gopal
I am verymuch interested to learn an ETL tool and i find datastage as the best one to do so.
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

gopskrish wrote: 11:42:37: Exchange_Extraction (JOB CopyOfFXRate_Extraction) finished, status=3 [Aborted]
gopal

Is there any detail to this log and did this log come from the sequencer job or the actual job that ran. If this is just the sequencer then look at the log for the actual job that the sequencer called. More detail will be found there
Sure I need help....But who dosent?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

gopal,

the log is telling you that your CopyOfFXRate_Extraction has aborted. Open up the log details for this job look at the error messages. If they don't make sense, post them in this thread and someone will assist you.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As Arnd said, you have looked at the log for the controller. You now need to look at the log for the controlled job, CopyOfFXRate_Extraction. There will likely be a number of warnings; the first of these is the most important one. Also check the Fatal message (the one with the red icon); but don't post it if the reason for aborting was that the limit of 50 warnings had been reached.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.