Date Conversion

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bilwakunj
Participant

Date Conversion

Post by Bilwakunj »

Hi ,
I have a col of char '8' and another of char '10'. Using stringToDate() function I'm trying to convert these columns to a date, with the default date format. But it's not working. The job is getting aborted.
Can anybody plz tell me , what mistake I'm doing?

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How about you tell us how you're trying to do it, then we might be able to spot a problem? It's really difficult to tell you if you're making a mistake if we can't see what you're doing!

And you might have better luck if you posted on the Parallel forum rather than here on the Server forum.

Expect to have to filter out some server-based responses.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Bilwakunj
Participant

Post by Bilwakunj »

oops...sorryy..
Thanks Ray.
ray.wurlod wrote:How about you tell us how you're trying to do it, then we might be able to spot a problem? It's really difficult to tell you if you're making a mistake if we can't see what you're doing!

And you might have better luck if you posted on the Parallel forum rather than here on the Server forum.

Expect to have to filter out some server-based responses.