Datastage Command Language (DS shell)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Luk
Participant

Datastage Command Language (DS shell)

Post by Luk »

Hi all!

Where can I find list of avalible commands in DS shell (./dssh in Unix) ?

When I run command HELP uder DS shell on UNIX (I'm using ssh connection to sewrver), display format of help is horrible (some stupid colors and characters) - I can't read anything!!
Amd HELP command is unavalible from Administrator window.

Is there some documentation delivered by Ascential during program installation?? I can't find it!

Regards
LUK
goma
Participant

Post by goma »

Not sure about exact version, but you can reference to universe user reference in http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/u2/pubs/library/.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello Luk,

as goma said, the documentation to the UniVerse engine is available on IBM's web site - there are a lot of books and the most helpful initially is the PERFORM command reference guide. The engine is quite comprehensive, with it's own post-relational database, programming language and extensible command set.

But the good news is that you really do not need to learn it; it is well-hidden behind DataStage.

If you really want to read the HELP command output, you need to tell UniVerse what terminal you are using, the command SET.TERM.TYPE with no parameters will show you a list of known terminals (UniVerse does it's own contorl code emulation). It brings me back to the days of vt100's and pt200's (for those of you who lived in the Prime world :shock: ).
Luk
Participant

Post by Luk »

Thanks!!

ArndW, could you tell me what command with what parameters sets terminal type (I couldn't change default type by SET.TERM.TYPE) and what is the proper terminal type for ssh connection (PUTTY) ??

Regards
LUK
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Luk,

I don't know what emulation putty uses (if any) but most terminals have some subset of the vt100 or vt45 terminals, you might also try console.

If you type SET.TERM.TYPE then you will be asked to set the terminal or enter a "?" to see the list, if you then enter a "?" you will get several pages.

Also, you should be able to set your shell's terminal emulation as well.
Luk
Participant

Post by Luk »

changing terminal type is not working like that, after I have changed terminal type (one from list) , the "+" mark is still situaited next to default terminal type.

But never mind, I will try to "play" with it more. This is not an urgent or important problem, I was only curious what can I do under DS shell.

Thanks ArndW! :)

Regards
LUK
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Luk,

good luck then - it sometimes takes a bit of work, but I recall using "SET.TERM.TYPE vt100" with success on many shells.

In addition, if you connect from a PC you can use a telnet client (freeware,shareware) and all of them let you choose your terminal emulation - with the exception of the free Windows telnet program, of course.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Or is it the simple old

export TERM=vt100;
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Whatever you tell DataStage (via SET.TERM.TYPE) must match the terminal type that your emulator (PuTTY) is emulating. For example, if PuTTY is configured to be emulating vt220, then

Code: Select all

SET.TERM.TYPE vt220 
is the command that you need to issue.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.