NOT COLUMN OF INSERTED/UPDATED TABLE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

diamondabhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

NOT COLUMN OF INSERTED/UPDATED TABLE

Post by diamondabhi »

Hi all,

My target database is DB2, I have two key columns which have to be loaded into target, but when I run the job there is a warning NOT COLUMN OF INSERTED/UPDATED TABLE, OR ANY TABLE IN A FROM CLAUSE but whereas when I load it into sequential file there is no error.
And when I load into DB2 by removing one column as key, then it loads.
But I want all the rows with both columns as keys(composite).
Can anybody help me please....

Thanks in advance.

Sai. :roll:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you imported the table definition from DB2 into DataStage, you got a list of the column names.

These are the column names (and data types, etc) that you MUST use in the job design that loads the DB2 table. These and only these.

You get away with it in a Sequential File because text files don't have columns and don't have data types.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
diamondabhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by diamondabhi »

Ray,
Thanks for the reply, but I am using the same column names and same data types, but invain.Can you please tell me would there be any other problem.

Thanks,
Abhi.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only to observe that that message is generated by DB2, not by DataStage.

View the SQL that DataStage is generating. Use the tracing facilities that allow you to see the SQL that DB2 is processing. Figure out why they might be different. Ensure that the SQL you view in the DataStage job does actually have column names that are correct for the table that you are loading. If case-sensitivity is enabled, also make sure that they are correctly cased.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
diamondabhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by diamondabhi »

Thanks Ray,

I just changed the Update action after close scrutiny and its working.

Thanks again for help.

Abhi.