Shared library (infmxcli.sl) failed to load

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vivek_rs
Participant

Shared library (infmxcli.sl) failed to load

Post by vivek_rs »

Hi
I am trying to use an Informix CLI Stage instead of ODBC Stages to improve performance. But I am getting the following error...

Project:Dummy (gizmo.apis.dhl.com)
Job name:testInformix
Event #:58
Timestamp:4/1/2005 5:11:37 PM
Event type:Fatal
User:itkadm
main_program: Fatal Error: Fatal: Shared library (infmxcli.sl) failed to load: errno = (2), system message = ()

the file infmxcli.sl is in $DSHOME/DSEngine/lib

Help!!!
TIA
Regards,
Vivek RS
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Does your environment point to that location? You should have the ENVironment settings listed right at the beginning of the job log run.

In addition, can you do a "view data" in the designer for this table? Probably not, but the error message might be different. Same thing applies to doing a metadata import from the Manager.
vivek_rs
Participant

Post by vivek_rs »

Hi
View Data says:
ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen - Dynamic Error

My environment has it...
SHLIB_PATH=blah blah blah ... :/ascential/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib: ... blah blah blah
Regards,
Vivek RS
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is that same SHLIB_PATH set up in the dsenv file, which every DataStage process gets its environment variable settings?
Also check the permissions on the library infmxcli.sl itself (you need at least read and execute permission).
If it's neither of those things, then you will need to use the test utilities in the branded_odbc directory to resolve what might be wrong. There are readme files in the relevant places in and below branded_odbc.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vivek_rs
Participant

Post by vivek_rs »

Code: Select all

$ ivtestlib /ascential/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/infmxcli.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library: /u1/informix-sdk/lib/cli/libifdmr.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
Load of /ascential/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/infmxcli.sl failed, errno(2)=No such file or directory
$
I am unable to make out where it is getting the /u1 from!
Informix is installed at /usr/informix_9.30

TIA
Regards,
Vivek RS
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you post those parts of dsenv in which the environment variables are set?

Can you also post the result of the command echo $PATH so we can see what's different?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vivek_rs
Participant

Post by vivek_rs »

DSHOME=/ascential/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine; export DSHOME
APT_ORCHHOME=/ascential/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine; export APT_ORCHHOME
UDTHOME=/ascential/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/ud41; export UDTHOME
UDTBIN=/ascential/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/ud41/bin; export UDTBIN
ODBCINI=$DSHOME/.odbc.ini; export ODBCINI
HOME=${HOME:-/}; export HOME
SHLIB_PATH=`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:$DSHOME
/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC/hotspot:$DSHOME/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC:/usr/informix_9.30/li
b:/usr/informix_9.30/lib/esql; export SHLIB_PATH
INFORMIXSQLHOSTS=/usr/informix_9.30/etc

$ echo $PATH
/usr/informix_9.30/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:/opt/hparray/bin:/opt/nettladm/bin:/opt/upgrade/bin:/opt/fcms/bin:/opt/pd/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/contrib/bin/X11:/opt/resmon/bin:/opt/mx/bin:/opt/ignite/bin:/opt/gnome/bin:/opt/mozilla:/opt/graphics/common/bin:/usr/sbin/diag/contrib:/opt/OV/bin/OpC:/opt/OV/bin:/opt/perf/bin:/opt/aCC/bin:/opt/langtools/bin:.

Hey, Thank you so much!!!
Regards,
Vivek RS