Error with DRS Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajiivnb
Participant

Error with DRS Stage

Post by rajiivnb »

Error is :

Error calling subroutine : DSD.Browse(Action=2);check datastage is set up correctly in project grephase
(The connection is broken (81002))

Error calling subroutine : DSD.EXECJOB(Action=5);check datastage is set up correctly in project grephase

Error calling subroutine : DSR.RECORD(Action=6);check datastage is set up correctly in project grephase

Error calling subroutine : DSR.NLS(Action=1);check datastage is set up correctly in project grephase

Error calling subroutine : *Datastage*DSR_SELECT(Action=2);check datastage is set up correctly in project grephase

Please let us know as soon as possible.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Your network connection is broken. Check whether you can ping the Server machine.

Alternatively did you have some 'OLE' problem before this?
rajiivnb
Participant

Error raising with DRS stage......

Post by rajiivnb »

Your network connection is broken. Check whether you can ping the Server machine.

Alternatively did you have some 'OLE' problem before this?
Hi Sainath,

This error is thrown only if i use the DRS stage. I just added a DRS stage and tried to have View Data, then this problem araises. prevouisly the same error came in another project, then we found that the NLS was changed to None, but now, we tried the same case here, but we couldnt rectify it. I think it may be because of NLS problem also. if i try to see the View Data then this error comes, i have to close the designer...

thnx

Rajiiv
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I have seen this kind of disconnection occur with the DRS stage when an attempt is made to access an unsupported data type. In my case, it was a CLOB in Oracle.

Changing the column derivation to CAST(columnname AS VARCHAR2(4000)) resolved the error.

Nonetheless, it ought not to break the connection; it should report that one is attempting to use an unsupported data type, and maintain the connection.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajiivnb
Participant

problem with DRS stage

Post by rajiivnb »

Hi group,
We are using datastage 7.1. And we are using the DRS stage as the target stage.

We have effective date field in the target with type date (10). I used the DSJobStartDate, as input. but its giving the following error. my database is INFORMIX.

"Des_status_time", while processing column "effect_dt"
Value treated as NULL
Attempt to convert String value "2005-03-30" to Date type unsuccessful

can anyone give me a solution.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That would not cause a disconnection. It's unrelated to the original question. Can you start a new thread for the problem with Informix DATE data type?
Meanwhile, did you solve the disconnection problem?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajiivnb
Participant

Error with DRS stage

Post by rajiivnb »

hi Ray,

yes we solved it. By setting that particular column to Varchar. thnx Ray. ill open a new thread for the new error. once again thnx Ray.