Informix Wire, unexpected network error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajiivnb
Participant

Post by rajiivnb »

Hi Group,

Can any one tell me why this error is coming,

name_alias_11..Dest_name_alias.IP_02: DSD.BCIClose call to SQLTransact failed.
SQLSTATE=S1000, DBMS.CODE=-95
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC Informix Wire Protocol driver][Informix]Unexpected Network Error.
SQLSTATE=S1000, DBMS.CODE=-255
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC Informix Wire Protocol driver][Informix]Not in transaction.

Actually am running a big sequence, this error is thrown only for this job and that too in the target stage. am using ODBC has a target stage. my database is informix. this table contains 2.5 lacs data. another table with same data is running fine.. can any one suggest me wht i can do...

thnx in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Looks like the network has dropped out around about when DataStage is trying to close the connection to Informix.

Does this happen reliably, or only once? Usually a dedicated network segment, isolated from the remainder of the network, is a good idea in these circumstances.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajiivnb
Participant

Post by rajiivnb »

Hi Ray,

Actually this problem comes only to this particular job. recently this error is coming when ever i run this job, before it was fine. Can you tell me clearly what should be done for this.

thnx,

Rajesh.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In short, check everything to do with the connectivity path. Thoroughly.

Check it again.

Get fresh eyes to look at it - you may be so familiar with it that you're missing seeing a vital "." or similar.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.