Missing StringID[2045] Killed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

scottr
Participant

Missing StringID[2045] Killed

Post by scottr »

one of my jobs(this job calls from shell script through crontab ) in the director the job status is showing as FINISHED but where as when i did ps -ef | grep dsclient the same job has process id, if i kill this id then "Missing StringID[2045] Killed "message is appering on the crontab log.

any idea why this happening?
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

You must have some problem in your korn shell script. I doubt you've killed a job thread. All job processes operate under the program "phantom" and have "DSD.RUN" or "DSD.StageRun" as the next word in the command line. Which of these did you kill?
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
scottr
Participant

problem solved

Post by scottr »

this one solved when last weekend both database and datastage servers are downed for maintaince.

thanks for ur suggestions.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
(what about when you run a job from designer (debug)?)

in short regardless any process can be logged out using for exapmle DS.TOOLS or the cleanup resources via director if you check the enable job administration from director in the project properties using DS administrator.
in hte off chance you had some wierd zombie process not willing to dissapear I guess only a boot will get rid of it.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org