migration dsjobs from lower version to higher version

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

parsi_cnu
Charter Member
Charter Member

migration dsjobs from lower version to higher version

Post by parsi_cnu »

hi ,
i had peculiar situation i exported all my dsjobs and upgraded the server when i tried to import it says version problem. so how should i handle this.

advance
thanks
sri
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

We need the exact steps that you performed to be able to help, including the old and new version numbers plus the actual error message you are receiving.

One thing - if all you did was export your jobs as a backup / precaution and then 'upgraded your server' with all of the old jobs still in place - you are done. You don't need to import anything back in.

However, that being said, you should still be able to perform the import if you really wanted to - so it sounds like something is wrong.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chucksmith
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chucksmith »

When you start DataStage Manager, do NOT check the Omit button. You must provide a user id and password.

I hope this is it.
parsi_cnu
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by parsi_cnu »

the error im getting when i am trying to migrate from 6. to DS7.5
The version of this item's design time information is incompatible with the current version of DataStage.

advance
thanks
sri
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's the kind of message you would get if you tried to migrate the 'wrong way', i.e. from 7.5 to 6. :?

Please re-read my first post and provide more information so we can help you.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Did you upgrade your Client?
parsi_cnu
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by parsi_cnu »

hi,
I exported all my jobs and deleted the jobs and upgraded from Datastage 6. to 7.5. Once i installed the client and server i tried to import my jobs using my manager. but i am getting a error message saying.

The version of this item's design time information is incompatible with the current version of DataStage.

thanks
sri
chucksmith
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chucksmith »

I have had to clean up the registry on my client before installing DS 7.5. After uninstalling, use REGEDIT to delete any "Ascential Software" folders under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then reinstall the 7.5 clients.

I am not sure if this is it, but it is the cleanest way to upgrade your clients.