Problem with Export by Category

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gdean
Participant

Problem with Export by Category

Post by gdean »

Hi,

I get the following error while trying to export jobs from datastage manager using the option 'Export by Category'.

Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR_SELECT (Action=7); check DataStage is set up correctly in project develop
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

This happens only with the jobs. I am able to exports all other components like the table definitions, routines etc by the "category". Also, I am able to export individual jobs successfully.

Can anybody suggest a possible solution to this?

Thank You,
Gregg
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This could indicate that the CATEGORY index on DS_JOBS or DS_JOBOBJECTS needs re-building, or it may be a bug. What exact version are you running?
Some time when you can get exclusive access, execute the following command either through the Administrator client Command window or via a telnet session in a dssh shell.

Code: Select all

DS.REINDEX ALL
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gdean
Participant

Post by gdean »

Thank you Ray. We are using version 6.0 We recently created a new project and this happens only in the new project. So, before re-indexing all the users should be out of datastage?

Thank You,
Gregg
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

gdean wrote:So, before re-indexing all the users should be out of datastage?
Yes - all users.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers