Multiple Links Collection

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akhiln
Participant

Multiple Links Collection

Post by akhiln »

Hi All,

I have a requirement like this....One of my Source table column is LED_TYPE, It will always have some predefined values like "A","B","C" etc.

If the value is "A", then i have to do one calculation. Similarly if the value is "B" then i have to do another calculation.

The issue is, In the first transformer stage i am giving the constraints for all the possible values and based on the values, data will go to the respective transformer stage(around 10 transformer stage). What i want is once the calculation is over i have to collect all the output links to a single transformer stage for further calculation? When i tried to do that i am getting an error like this "The destination stage cannot support any more stream input links"

I tried to use the Link Partitioner & collector stage also...but the problem is i cannot give the constraints in the Link Partitioner.

Please suggest some solution....

Thanks,
Akhil
DEVESHASTHANA
Participant

Post by DEVESHASTHANA »

Hi Akhil.

well one solution for urs problem is to use DRS Stage and take the output of all the transformer in the input of DRS stage and in the out put take what all the columns u need,and in Before after stage create a temp table with all those colums and in out put select what all the colums which u need in the output of the DRS stage,

second solution for ur problem is to use a temporary sequential file for input and take output from that file what all the columns u want.

regards,

Devesh
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Insert a file just before linking into the collector. Alternatively use an IPC stage.
akhiln
Participant

Post by akhiln »

I was trying to collect all the links using a sequential file stage. But the problem is in all the previous transformer stages i will get one new column. All the new column will have a different value. So in the sequential file all the input links will have different columns.

Any other method of doing this
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

what it is DRS STAGE ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The Dynamic Relational Stage, new in 7.5, something which allows you to use a single stage to connect to "any" relational source.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DRS was introduced in 7.1 (perhaps even 7.0) when Peoplesoft elected to switch to DataStage. It allowed Peoplesoft to deploy canned jobs where the only change between their different customers might be database type.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

Thanks Ray and Craig.
susanm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by susanm »

You should be able to use a Link Collector stage to collect the output links from your 10 transform stages. You do not need to use the Link Partitioner stage.

Ensure that you have set the job property of "Enable row buffer" to "Inter process".
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The main reason for splitting your data across multiple transformers is when you need to send certain columns through a plugin stage such as a qualitystage job or a shared container with a set column list. In your instance you may find it easier to do all types of calculations in one or more transformers using a combination of stage variables and routines to run your calculations.

A routine will give you a test button to let you test your calculations. You can write a different routine for each calculation.
akhiln
Participant

Post by akhiln »

i cannot use Link Collector stage also because all the input links have different columns.

I think i have to come up with a different strategy with regards to this issue. Planning to redesign the job in a different way.

Thanks for all the response