Commmit in ORA

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ranga1970
Participant

Commmit in ORA

Post by ranga1970 »

FOLKs,
I have problem in identifying the commit command in ORA, I have million records comming in I want to commit after every 50,000 records, I was of the opinion rows per transaction under transaction handler is one which takecare of this, I had selected readcommit option but I want commit after every 50,000 records, SQL is user defined, could some one help on this
thanks
ranga
RRCHINTALA
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

You are correct, why do you think it's not working?
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ranga1970
Participant

Post by ranga1970 »

I was doing the production support, and I was asked to change commit level from 50000 to 20000, I was told the programs are set up to have commit after 50000.
but to my serprise rows per transaction is set 0, I was wondering where this 50000 is which I have to chane to 20000, and for moment I got doubt on my skills and wanted to make sure, thanks
ranga
RRCHINTALA
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

Go back to the person who gave you the assignment. A transaction size of 0 means you only commit once after everything is complete, which is in the case of Oracle very good if you transaction fits in the undo tablespace.

Ogmios