$DS.NULLTRX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dzdiver
Participant

$DS.NULLTRX

Post by dzdiver »

The upgrade logs contains reference to 'Record ID "$DS.NULLTRX" not found'
The jobs appear to have been converted ok, but were not sure what these messages are telling us :?

example cut from the log: -
================================================
Job AllmonthlyUsageData2 has been converted to use Oraoci9 instead of Oraoci8 Pl
ugin
Recompiling Job AllmonthlyUsageData2

Record ID "$DS.NULLTRX" not found.

0 records DELETEd.
Compiling: Source = 'RT_BP3/JOB.138639812.DT.1358548455.IDENT1', Object = 'RT_BP
3.O/JOB.138639812.DT.1358548455.IDENT1'
********************************************************************************

Compilation Complete.
"JOB.138639812.DT.1358548455.IDENT1" cataloged.
mersey
Job compiled with no errors.
Job AllmonthlyUsageData3 has been converted to use Oraoci9 instead of Oraoci8 Pl
ugin
Recompiling Job AllmonthlyUsageData3

1 records DELETEd.
================================================

(NB I added the color for highlight purposes)

anyone know?

rgds,
Brian.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Wow... someone that actually reads the upgrade logs. :wink:

Since all this was meant for support personel in the event of a problem, not us mere mortals, and since you don't seem to be having a problem - I wouldn't worry about it. At a guess, you'd need to open a support case to find out what exactly it was looking to delete that it couldn't find.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dzdiver
Participant

Post by dzdiver »

chulett wrote:Wow... someone that actually reads the upgrade logs. :wink:

:D

Since all this was meant for support personel in the event of a problem, not us mere mortals, and since you don't seem to be having a problem - I wouldn't worry about it. At a guess, you'd need to open a support case to find out what exactly it was looking to delete that it couldn't find.

Thats cool. Ill not worry for time being.

thanks Craig
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

$DS.NULLTRX is a catalog (VOC) entry for a "null Transformer" function that may or may not be present. The "not found" message in an upgrade is generated by an attempt to delete it, and may safely be ignored.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.