DB2 odbc connection on AIX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

garthmac
Charter Member
Charter Member

DB2 odbc connection on AIX

Post by garthmac »

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems trying to set up an ODBC connection for DB2 on AIX 5.2
I have read the documentation, and searched for a few hours on here.
(We currently use the DB2 UDB plugin with no problems whatsoever)

I have set up the following:

1. Added entry into uvodbc.config in the project directory:

<MERCURY>
DBMSTYPE = ODBC

2. I don't think I need to touch the dsenv file.

3. Attempted to add a wire protocal driver entry in the .odbc.ini file (This is where I am struggling) I get an error of "No match found" when trying to import tables.

If anyone has a similar setup (DB2 and AIX) could they please post an example of the .odbc.ini file so that I can see where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Well your entry in the Project uvodbc.config of MERCURY looks fine....Now yes you need a entry in the .odbc.ini file within $DSHOME....Did you name the entry in .odbc.ini MERCURY? At the beginning of this file are examples of the data direct drivers so I presume you selected the right one....and it was what? AIX has nothing to do with this......
garthmac
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by garthmac »

Hi trokosz,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I named the entry in .odbc.ini as MERCURY. I have used one of the examples as a template for my MERCURY entry.

This is what I have:

[MERCURY]
Driver=/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib/VMdb219.so
Description=MERCURY Database
AddStringToCreateTable=
AlternateID=
Database=MERCURY
DynamicSections=100
GrantAuthid=PUBLIC
GrantExecute=1
IpAddress=UK01WRS6004
IsolationLevel=CURSOR_STABILITY
LogonID=username
Password=password
Package=
PackageOwner=
TcpPort=50000
WithHold=1
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Hmmm....your IP Address is "UK01WRS6004"? This doesn't look right?
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

I think you need to bind a DB2 package for your DSN. Not sure of the exact details to do this as I haven't used DB2 ODBC since version 6.x and someone else worked with the DB2 DBA to get the package bound.

Mike
garthmac
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by garthmac »

Thanks for your replies,

I'm sure you can use the hostname or the IP address, I've testesd this and I get the same error.

Since my last post, I remembered I had to try to use bind19 to bind a package for my new DSN, which seemed to work, but still I can't connect. I'm waiting for my DB2 DBA to return from her Egyptian holiday, she might be able to help.

I also am planning an upgrade to DS 7.5, which has a stored proc stage. Has anyone used this with success? :)
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

If you have bound your package, then you probably only need to specify it in your .odbc.ini entry (PackageOwner is new since version 6.x, so I can't tell you if that is optional or not):

Code: Select all

Package= 
PackageOwner= 
Mike
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

what are stages new stages available on 7.5 server version compared to ds 6.0
please any help appreciated
ririr
Participant

Post by ririr »

garthmac ,

Were you able to resolve this issue? If so, can you please share the entries in the uvodbc.config and .odbc.ini files.

We are currently on DB2 8.1 and DS 7.1(server edition).

Thanks.

garthmac wrote:Thanks for your replies,

I'm sure you can use the hostname or the IP address, I've testesd this and I get the same error.

Since my last post, I remembered I had to try to use bind19 to bind a package for my new DSN, which seemed to work, but still I can't connect. I'm waiting for my DB2 DBA to return from her Egyptian holiday, she might be able to help.

I also am planning an upgrade to DS 7.5, which has a stored proc stage. Has anyone used this with success? :)