Number of columns in Transformer affects @INROWNUM

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sumitgulati
Participant

Number of columns in Transformer affects @INROWNUM

Post by sumitgulati »

Hi,

I have a job in which I use system variable @INROWNUM. It is a simple job with two transformers. In the first transformer I make a lookup to a hash file which is right now empty and hence does not return any records.

The @INROWNUM is not behaving as expected. It starts with 2 instead of 1 and when I run the job for 100 records we also noticed that the @INROWNUM value is 100 for two records. After spending some time with the job we found that it seems to be a problem associated with the number of columns in the first transformer stage. Upto 95 columns the job works fine but when we add 96th column the @INROWNUM starts to begin with 2.

Does any one know why is this happening.

Thanks and Regards,
-Sumit
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Do you have row buffering enabled for active-to-active links? If yes, try turning it off.

Mike
sumitgulati
Participant

Post by sumitgulati »

Thanks a lot Mike. It worked.

Regards,
-Sumit
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can also get this behaviour if the source file is accessed through a Sequential File stage with the "first line is column headers" property set.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.