container as lookup. if no rows are returned .......

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sun786
Participant

container as lookup. if no rows are returned .......

Post by sun786 »

I am using container as lookup . if no rows are returned from container . the job is running for infinite time .

pls suggest what to do.

Thanks
sun.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

I assume you are trying to perform a query / reference to a table in your container. Check whether you are updating any rows if it does not exist. This may cause dead-lock and be the reason for the infinite delay.

If the above is the case, ask your DBA to monitor the RDBMS activities during your job run.
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi Sun,

Why not union a dummy row to the container output in which case you will have atleast one row and your job will not run infinitely.

HTH
Rich
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: container as lookup. if no rows are returned .......

Post by chulett »

sun786 wrote:I am using container as lookup . if no rows are returned from container . the job is running for infinite time .
There must be something else going on. The simple fact that a lookup in a shared container returns no rows shouldn't cause something like this. :?

We'd need a better idea of exactly what's going on in your shared container and how you are using it in the job to be able to provide more help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers