How to run a server job from cmd line in a client machine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Shri
Participant

How to run a server job from cmd line in a client machine

Post by Shri »

How can i run a server job from a command prompt in a client machine. can any one please give me the steps.....

thnx

Shri
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Hi,

as far as I know you can't. You can start Jobs from the commandline of the server with dsjob (telnet from the client to the server and start there your job).

You may write a commandline tool yourself using DataStage-API with VB or another programm you like and then you may start also Jobs from the clients commandline (client then is somebody running the Client programms of DataStage on his/her PC)

Wolfgang
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

As of 7.5 you can call dsjob -run from a windows client to start a job on any connectable server.

-Arnd.
Shri
Participant

Post by Shri »

[quote="ArndW"]As of 7.5 you can call [i][b]dsjob -run[/b][/i] from a windows client to start a job on any connectable server.

-Arnd.[/quote]

Can you brief me out, in which directory i have to give this dsjob command and to execute, should i import any dll in the client side. i think only in the server side u have this dsjob command. please help me out in this. :(

thnx

Shri
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Shri,

assuming you did a default client install, the directory C:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage7.5 wiill have a dsjob.exe. Go into a command window and call this up without parameters and you will see your options; in addition the documentation describes this in detail (see 19/132 ff. in the Server Job Developer's guide)
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

To keep things simple, as your Server is also in Windows, you can (if possible and allowed) try to map the remote drive and run a dsjob from there.

If you are using V7.5, you can run the dsjob available in your Client DataStage directory as mentioned by ArndW.