dscmdexport aborted: Cannot create Repository

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lgharis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by lgharis »

When I run the dscmdexport it fails with the following message.

dscmdexport aborted:
Cannot create Repository

Has anyone encountered this and know what the problem is? I am not sure what the term Repository is referring to. The only thing it should be creating is the export file. Here is the command line except without the password. I have been successful in exporting before.

dscmdexport /H=edwapdc1 /U=dsadm /P=xxxxxxx test E:\DSBKUP\test
.dsx
Leroy Gharis

Dallas, TX
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Try it on a local directory. Maybe it cannot write to drive E:. Otherwise the test project is Test or some other project.
Mamu Kim
ml
Participant

Post by ml »

You can try with the default directory (x:/Program Files/Ascential/DataStage/DSExport.dsx, usually the DS client Path), just left blank this parameter like "dscmdexport /H=edwapdc1 /U=dsadm /P=xxxxxxx test"

Also you can try dsexport command, sometimes is more usefull to see what the problem is.

do you have the same problem with other projects?
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Two things you can try
1.) Use forward-slash in your directory path
2.) Use dsexport instead of dscmdexport
lgharis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by lgharis »

Thanks for the suggestions. The E:\ drive is a local drive so I knew that was not the problem. I tried running dsexport. This gave me an error saying the version of my client is 7.5 and the version of the server is 7.0. I have the Multi Client Manager (MCM) installed on my desktop as I am the administrator for systems running DS7.5 and DS7.0.

MCM was set to version 7.5. I ran MCM and changed to 7.0 and reran my script. It works now. So, eventhough I had put my DS 7.0 directory in the PATH variable it was still using the 7.5 client directory as set in the registry by MCM. At least this is my guess.

Unless someone has a suggestion, I will contact Ascential support to see if there is way to get around having to set the correct version with MCM as I have scripts scheduled to run overnight when no one is connected, hopefully.
Leroy Gharis

Dallas, TX
ecclesr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ecclesr »

I am just trialling my backup batch being run from the server and get the same error

Did any ever find the correction required ??

The command line I am using is

set expcmd=%scrptpath%\dscmdexport.exe
%expcmd% /H=%host% /U=%userid% /P=%passwrd% %prjct% %scrptpath%\%prjct%%date%_BK3.dsx /V > %bckuppath%\%prjct%exportlog%date%_BK3

Thanking you all in advance
ecclesr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ecclesr »

Just an extra note

I have in the script directory copies of dscmdexportENU.dll and dscmdexport.exe
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

They noted their solution, it was an issue with having multiple versions of the client loaded and not having set the environment up properly via the MCM before exeucting their script. Are you in the same boat?

If not, have you verified that all your variables that make up the output pathname are being set correctly and that you have write permissions to it?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ecclesr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ecclesr »

Thank you for all your help

I installed current Client on the server, the install corrected the registry setting and paths, my backup job is now running