ODBC Stage on Sybase

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

andru
Participant

ODBC Stage on Sybase

Post by andru »

We have difficulty in accessing sybase server using ODBC stage, whereas We were able to connect thru SYBASE stage.

DSN in working fine from datastore administrator. But when conenct through the DS for importing table definitions, it just hangs. Any idea on what is the problem?

Thanks.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
specify SYBASE version
you might need a specific driver.
search this forum, it had it's share of similar posts in the past.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

G'day Andru,

have you tried to use your ODBC.ini file to connect to another ODBC object; I see you are on windows so it is easy to use the MS ODBC graphical utility to define a (system-level) ODBC to an access table or even to an Excel sheet - this shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to successfully get set up. How did you define the ODBC to your Sybase instance - if you post that information then we might be able to help. In addition, if you have installed MSQUERY you should be able to connect to the Sybase instance from there (if you don't have MSQUERY installed, it can be found in the office package).
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Do you mean DataStage Administrator or DataStage Designer?

Can you let us know what error message you receive during import from DataStage Manager.

As ArndW said, you can use other s/w such as BO, MSQuery etc to query the data and confirm the ODBC.
Luk
Participant

Post by Luk »

But when conenct through the DS for importing table definitions, it just hangs
Hi andru! I hav ethe same problem with DS and Sybase IQ 12.6 both on Unix server!
It was casued by Sybase IQ ODBC driver.When I was using driver: libdbodbc9.so and importing table definition DS hangs, when I changed it to libdbodbc9_n.so everything is working fine.

When I was using DS and Sybase IQ 12.5 and ODBC driver dbodbc7.so - also everything works fine!

Regards
LUK
LUK
dpeters010
Participant

libdbodbc9_n.so

Post by dpeters010 »

Hi Luk,

We are having a similar issue to this but do not have the libdbodbc9_n.so file. Where do we get this from?

Thanks,
Dean.

[quote="Luk"][quote]But when conenct through the DS for importing table definitions, it just hangs[/quote]

Hi andru! I hav ethe same problem with DS and Sybase IQ 12.6 both on Unix server!
It was casued by Sybase IQ ODBC driver.When I was using driver: libdbodbc9.so and importing table definition DS hangs, when I changed it to libdbodbc9_n.so everything is working fine.

When I was using DS and Sybase IQ 12.5 and ODBC driver dbodbc7.so - also everything works fine!

Regards
LUK[/quote]
andru
Participant

Post by andru »

We solved this problem by just upgrading our sybase driver. Thanks.